Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Grandparents' House and their Clowny Neighbors



I know I haven't posted in a while and it's mostly because I have been exploring some new hobbies that have kept me VERY busy. But I have decided that I do still want to keep track of my dreams so that later in life, I can look back on them.

So last nights' dream was about my Grandpa N and Grandma A's house. Granted, because it was a dream - it didn't really look exactly how their house used to look but some features were the same. So the basis of this dream was that Padawan and I were looking at it with a realtor. I remember we were upstairs in the "Master Bedroom" which had a red carpet, red velvet-paneled walls  that went 3/4 of the way up the wall, and the only furniture was one single bed with a white cover with red, orange, and pink flowers on it. I remember thinking the red velvet was hideous but that Padawan and I could have fixed it. Our realtor suggested we go look around at the rest of the house so we left that room, but because I guess you're omnipresent in your dreams, I still knew what was going on in that room. All of a sudden our realtor was in the room with a teenage boy. She was giving him a speech about how "now that he was 18, he was going to understand what it meant to be a man." So then, the boy/man leaned downed and kissed her and then even though I didn't "witness" it in my dream, I knew they were getting it on.

At that point in time, I was in a yellow room that was facing the road and looking out over the maple tree in the front yard. The sunlight coming in through the window was really bright and I remember thinking in my dream that it was the most beautiful room I had ever seen in my life. I remember deciding I would repaint it (just because it was so old) but that I would definitely keep it that pale yellow color that it was. At that moment (why? I don't know!) a little boy (probably around 4-6 years old) walks into the room. I'm suddenly aware that I'm wearing a blue silk nightgown, but I don't feel uncomfortable. I say "hello" to the boy, but my voice goes up like when you pick up the phone because you don't know who it is. He runs back out of the room and Padawan comes in. He agrees that it is an awesomely beautiful room. We go to inspect the closet and there's a little chute on the side of the closet that goes up the attic (I don't know why). I shine a flashlight that I magically have in my hands up this chute and illuminate all the dust and I remember thinking "well that's gonna be difficult to vacuum."

In the next scene, we're all downstairs and I go out into the yard to investigate. I was about to go around to the side of the house to the use the "side bathroom" (????!?!?!) but as I'm walking around, I see two men across the street taking out the garbage. Knowing that my grandparents' house is in a bad part of town (it was in real life), I run back into the house and make sure the door is locked. Then, I'm talking to a man I think but it's not Padawan. Get this - I'm asking him if the men across the street are CLOWNS because I got a brief look at them as I was running back inside and I detected clown makeup on their face but it was in muted orange colors so it didn't look prominent enough or colorful enough to distinguish them as clowns. The man I was talking to assured me that indeed, the neighbor men were clowns and that made me feel all better about the neighborhood (because I'm sure there are no clowns with criminal records right?).

I go back to exploring the house and this time I'm alone. I remember looking at objects (although I don't remember what they were specifically) and getting all teared up remembering the "hey days" of my grandparents' house.

There were definitely a lot of awesome memories in that house! And I definitely would never buy it in a million years because of the "clowns" that live across the street! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment