Monday, January 23, 2012

Shop 'til you drop


So last night's dream was sort of story-like, but was also sort of piecemeal. I'm gonna go ahead and attribute that to the fact that I think some girls at work have shared their germs with me so last night I was probably not in the right frame of mind.


It started out with shopping. I was in some sort of a store (definitely a boutique and not a department store). I was just browsing but they had a lot of good sales so I picked up a few dresses. Then, I decided to go to my "parent's house." When I arrived, I was hanging out with some other girl (unknown) in a parking lot (which was supposed to be the driveway). We were talking about those girls who wear itty bitty bikinis and walk around all slowly while holding a sign. We were saying how we could do a much better job than them and before you know it, I was in a little red bikini and I was laying on the hood of some car. Now, in my dream..I thought I was being all sexy like the sign girls but in reality, I was laying on my back with my head down by the hood of the car and my legs propped up on the windshield (I guess if someone was driving they'd have a primo view of my butt). Then, all of a sudden the other girl isn't there, I'm not wearing a bikini anymore, but I am holding my shopping bag and I go in the house (it's almost as if my brain was like "oh yeah! That's what I was thinking about!") My Mom and Bollweevil are there as well as a third lady (who I believe is African American). My Mom and sister see my bag and get all excited because they had been shopping at the same exact store today! They wanted to see what I got so I took everything out and showed them (2 out of the three dresses were white/off-white. The off-white one was covered down the front in pearls and crystals in a very tacky manner). My family was all impressed and once they saw what I paid, wanted to know how I got such a good deal because they could only afford to buy one thing each. I told them I had a coupon and I would be more than willing to share (even though when I was at the store, I definitely bought the dresses off of clearance racks, so I don't know why I said I had a coupon). Then, I heard noises coming from the basement so I asked what that was. The African American lady said "Oh, that's my son. He's playing video games." I remember in the dream I was just like "oh.....??" because my Mom doesn't have an African American woman-friend, let alone one who has a son so I wasn't sure who this woman was. And I never found out because it either ended or I woke up!

No comments:

Post a Comment